Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joannemb

Does anyone have 'PEACE?'

joannemb
12 years ago

I just bought 2 small plants---it is a double hydrangea---pure white---gets 4ft. by 4ft. I doubt it'll bloom this year (really small plants) just wondering if anyone has it and can tell me more about it

Comments (5)

• luis_pr
    12 years ago

It is a new introduction with limited distribution. It is advertised as being hardy to Z5, white double-flowered rebloomer, about 4' Tall by 4-5' Wide. Care should be the same as that of any other Mophead that blooms on new wood. Unfortunately, any of those claims cannot be verified yet.

• garden1830
    9 years ago

I have this hydrangea. Does it bloom on old wood as well as new? Bought mine last year. It is beginning of June and there seems to be very little new groeth coming....none on the old wood.

• October_Gardens
    9 years ago

I have two of them. One's been in the ground 2 years and the other just one. It will bloom on old wood first and then new wood. Otherwise, if all old wood has been killed, the new wood blooms will show up by July. I particularly admire the tropical nature of the foliage as the leaves are waxy in appearance and cupped.

As with all of my Irie Japanese hybrids, lots of buds are produced near the base and survive to produce shoots.

You can expect blooms up to a foot across and they're pH sensitive like Blushing Bride. Mine had a pink tinge.

• hokierustywilliamsbu
    9 years ago

Does it trade under the Forever Series?

• October_Gardens
    9 years ago

Yep. Lowe's has had them the last two years. And I got my second one at Kmart last year in the large pot for $25. Kmart used all F&E Original tags (wrong) but I could tell what the plant was because of the foliage.

Update: Both of mine, having died to the ground over the winter, have a combined ~20 flower buds on new stems so far. :)

This post was edited by Springwood_Gardens on Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 17:44