Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
burnt flowers! Please help!

Posted by pumpkiwi z10 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 14, 06 at 20:38

Hi all, first time poster here. I have a hydrangea which had one 10 inch bloom this year, but the blooms look burnt. They get about 3 hours of afternoon sun; the leaves does not wilt or look burnt,only the flowers. What could be the problem?Does this always happen for newly planted hydrangeas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: burnt flowers! Please help!

3 hours of afternoon sun in zone 10 can indeed burn the blooms. A spot with morning sun and afternoon shade is best....yg

o
RE: burnt flowers! Please help!

I tried that but indirect sunlight still makes it wilt and it burns the flowers. Indirect is still very strong light here in malaysia, it is about 36c everyday in the shade and about 40c in direct sunlight! I have moved the plant to a place where it has indirect sunlight then gets afernoon sun at around 6-7pm. It seems to be doing ok at the moment, much less burning on the flower head.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here