Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loving Wedding Gown Hydrangea (photos)

Posted by GreenHavenGarden none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 22:04

So I bought several of these on a wim and I have to say they are gorgeous. They've been blooming their heads off for weeks with no sign of slowing down. Love them!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loving Wedding Gown Hydrangea (photos)

They are just lovely. What a nice crisp white they are. I need more hydrangea!

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 21:20

Can you share more pics as the flowers mature? Apparently you are supposed to deadhead to encourage more blooming though.

I really like these so far!

o

No problem. I'll take more pics to tomorrow. We had a nasty hail storm that ruined a lot of my flowers but these didn't have a ding in them. I keep looking to dead head but the blooms are lasting SOOOO long. More keep opening on new stems that are growing so I have flowers ontop of flowers. I removed 2 small dead flowers that finally died (turned almost yellow and then brown) but that was it so far out of 7 plants.
I do have them in dappled sun with very little direct sun. I went back to the Home Depot I bought them in and they have them in full sun. Those plants are now fried and look awful.
I'm VERY happy with these. No wilting. Not needing much water and it's been high 90's here in CT. They have been virtually care free.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here