Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Endless Summer or ? (Photo inc.)

anele_gw
13 years ago

I am a total novice gardener-- just want to state that disclaimer. :)

I've been looking for something for a foundation planting for a few years. . .I want the cottage look and don't know how to make any sort of evergreen work for that style. So, I gave up and this season realized that hydrangeas are my true love, and I'll live with ugly in the winter, and/or plant something with berries for some interest.

This is the kind of hydrangea I'm looking for:

-no bigger than about 5 ft, but 4 ft would be perfect

-reblooming

-prefer mopheads

-needs no winter care

Here's my house- but there's a new door painted hot pink now, and the shutters will be gray or white soon:

{{gwi:1009481}}

I bought an Endless Summer ("Original"), but put it in the backyard . . .I also got one Invincibelle with the intention of putting two together in the front of the house. (The bed opposite the lilacs is completely torn out now- that's where I'm putting the hydrangeas.) Now I am hearing Invincibelles aren't all that great? (The one I have is not blooming, but my ES is and I love it.)

The house faces east, and the foundation gets sun until about 2.

What would you recommend? I'm concerned that maybe ES (which gets more sun than my foundation area and is doing well) and IS aren't going to get tall enough, but that the bigger ones (like Limelight) will be TOO big.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)