Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natsu_gw

Hydrangea Preziosa & Glowing Embers problems Pictures

Natsu
12 years ago

I have Hydrangea serrata Preziosa the tag said Pink Beauty that is not doing so well it's a 3 gallon shrub. Purchased it at the end of the season sale almost dormant in 2010.Transplanted outside to overwinter in it's new location.Early this spring while dormant i moved it again to its permanent home.

We have had three 90 degree days and a very wet spring.The Hydrangea bed has 50% peat moss, manure, and water crystal tilled into clay soil one foot deep.Three years prior we worked in organic material manure etc.I noticed some of the leaves were deformed on Preziosa when it leafed out (late).

This week i used a Bayer 3 in one fungicide and pesticide.Now the leaves are just waxy and falling off and drying up.

My Glowing embers had what looked like heat damage large irregular tan spots,now i have good amount of flower buds on this one it is also starting to have leaf issues.The leaves are starting to turn really red thought this only happened when temps started to drop.

I have fertilized twice this year Bayer rose and flower care(8 weeks summer feeding) and osmocote(3 months spring feeding).This foundation planting gets four hours of morning sun and shade from the house and large trees across the street for the rest of the day.

This bed is a salt strip moderate salt spray low to medium traffic. I can't figure out whats going wrong. The only thing i can think of is that these older cultivators are just not tough enough.I have a All Summer Beauty and two Endless Summers in the same bed with hosta and liriope. These two are the only two having any issues.

Need some help what should i do the re-bloomers seem to have less issues should i pull these two?My local Home Depot has Mini Penny and Lowe's has Forever and ever series another store has Blushing Bride.I have a soaker hose on order should be in soon it's not normally this hot this early.Should i yank them or try to save them and how do i save them if possible?

Preziosa leaves dropping

{{gwi:1009611}}

Glowing Embers

Just about to flower...

Holes what is this?

Leaves turning red

Comments (5)