Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
People in Zone 5a/b

Posted by joycekh (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 7:17

Has anyone in Zone 5,or lower ever had a Nikko Blue bloom on new growth after the winter freeze????

Also, I have it in a garden against the house that gets hot sun in the afternoon, to which it wilts every day. Should I move it??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: People in Zone 5a/b

Can't answer your first question, but on your second one, I'd move Nikko Blue somewhere where it does not get any hot afternoon sun. Having tried to grow it in afternoon sun, I can assure you that it will never adjust to the heat/sun and might not even survive in such a situation if your summer sun is as hot as it is here in Kansas.

Kate

o
RE: People in Zone 5a/b

I've had Nikkos bloom when they shouldn't have, so I assume they may have bloomed on new wood.

I don't know where you are in Z5, but where I am (North East), the incredibly hot summer with spring's lack of decent rain has caused all of my hydrangea to droop every afternoon. They'll only get some supplemental watering once or twice a week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here