Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redraif

Cercospora? Help me identify my leaf spots and treat them.

redraif
13 years ago

As the title states, I think I have Cercospora, or my hydrangeas do... lol... I have searched, but I want to be sure. Please can you help me id my spots so I can begin treating the problem. Thanks

Here is a bit of background in case its relevant before I post pics.

We have 9 young hydrangeas. I'm pretty sure they are all showing signs of this disease. I got them all from Home Depot. 6 were purchased 2 years ago and just transplanted. 3 were just bought this season. All are endless summer.

The 6 transplants were originally around a tree and were never able to transition to the environment. Not sure if they got too much sun or just had too much competition from the tree roots for water. They were always wilty and small. We prepped a bed just for them this year with eastern morning light instead of the harsh afternoon light they saw last year. They were looking wonderful until the spots.

We have had a rainier year this season then in summers past. Being in GA that means serious humidity. I believe they had the spots last year, but I thought it was from being too dry. When I saw them again this year on the now healthier plants I knew something was up. I noticed it on the 3 new ones as well. I want to say all at Home Depot had the spots. We had no clue it was a disease or I would have searched for an unaffected plant.

If it is Cercospora... what is the best way to treat/manage it. Thru searching I see it can't be cured, but what can I do to knock it on its butt?

Thank you... Many pics now! :)

{{gwi:1010751}}

{{gwi:1010752}}

{{gwi:1010753}}

{{gwi:1010754}}

Comments (2)