Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What time of year should I plant ES Hydrangeas?

Posted by lynseyb 6 KY (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 12:00

Hello! I am completely new to this forum and to gardening! We recently purchased a new home, which of course has no landscaping. This leaves my options wide open as to what I should do with the space!

I'd like to start in my backyard, which gets morning sun and then shade in the late afternoon. My favorite shrub in the hydrangea, and I'd like to plant some Endless Summers in the backyard along the house. I see that some are still available for sale in stores and they look lovely. My question is, can I plant them now (90 degree+ July), or should I wait until fall (Aug/Sept), or should I wait until spring? ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME AND APPRECIATED!

I can't quite figure out how to post pictures here, or else I would show a picture of the house, sorry! :/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What time of year should I plant ES Hydrangeas?

If you can keep them watered you can plant them now.

o

• Posted by sue36 Z5 Maine (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 17:35

I agree. In your climate you might also want to consider other blue hydrangeas, such as Nikkos. I prefer Nikkos, but they do not relaibly bloom here.

o

Thanks so much for your input! I can definitely keep them watered now. I've thought about other types of hydrangeas, but I'm really attracted to Endless Summer because I want to have blooms each year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here