Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
greening of blushing bride

Posted by sunnytop 5 Ne (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 29, 09 at 14:11

This is my 3rd year with blushing bride and the first year for their white blooms to turn green end of June. The petals were very small, blooms smaller than usual although there were a lot of them. Usually they remain white for me and when they do turn, it is beautiful pinkish, maroon and purplish colors, never green. The whole plant grew huge and seems healthy. But what's with the green blooms early in the summer? Anyone else have that experience? If that's what it's going to do from here on out, I'm inclined to tear it out and plant another variety.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: greening of blushing bride

it is normal for bb...i have a couple of blushing bride nin my garden...the blooms open up white with a pale blush (pink or blue)...then turn green...then to pink, maroon...then finally brown by late oct...my bb begins to bloom in late may, and if i let the blooms to hang on..that's the color chg sequence i notice from them...i sometimes deadhead the blooms in july - if i have time - then i get a second flush of blooms by end of aug...bb really a much better bloomer than endless summer, it literally blooms from late may to late oct for me in new jersey...the biggest downside for bb i found is the tendency of leggy growth, thus flopping blooms...but as far as reblooming flower power, bb is among the best i have grown...the green blooms are normal...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here