Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsdurbin1

forever and ever together

mrsdurbin1
13 years ago

I am a first time homeowner and first season gardener. I Adore hydrangeas, however have had 2 plants I have killed (2 different varieties) already, either by not planting in the right area (insufficient sun?)or the soil was poor. We have a thick clay soil so I believe this was the major factor.

I just decided I have to try again, I love them too much so today I got a Forever and Ever Together at Lowes. It is still green blooms and only about 18 inches tall. I want to plant it on the south side of our house, there is nice sunlight around mid day after it gets above the trees and then doesn't stick around too long. the area used to be a rock bed and we tried to dig the rocks out but its not clear of them yet...Should I just dig a larger hole and use topsoil to backfill? Should I fertilize? Does this particular plant need more sun than just a little at mid day? We are zone 5, in west central indiana...I am willing to accept any tips anyone has, I really want this plant to take off and provide enjoyment for the years to come!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists