Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petchie_gw

Covering a bank

petchie
11 years ago

Location: top of a mountain in Northeast PA. Rarely gets over 90ú here. We consider mid 80's HOT.

I am totally new at attempting Hydrangeas. Last year I planted 2 Annabelles I bought at Sams (they were sticks in a bag) and they overwintered and have some buds. Planted an Endless Summer Original that made the winter as well, but lacks buds at this time, from reading this is normal for thwse. They are both planted along a foundation and receive sun from about 1pm to 5pm. Both are doing well, so will leave them there!

I was at Lowes today and thy had clearanced their Hydrangeas. For $7 each I bought:

Forever and Ever Original? (just says hydrangea, no name)

Forever and Ever Peppermint

Forever and Ever Peace

Forever and Ever Together (3)

Forever and Ever Summer Lace (3)

Forever and Ever White out

Forever and Ever Blue Heaven

Nikko Blue (2)- I know I have to winter wrap these well here.

Now, my delimna is the bank that I want to cover with these is interesting. Both ends get dappled sun all day with direct sun from 6-7pm or so.

The center section of the bank gets morning shade and direct sun from 1-5pm like the back of the house. Since the Endless Summer did well along the foundation with similar light, will the Forever and Evers do as well? Is there any specific types of the ones that I purchased that will not do well? If so, I will move those to the front bed that only gets morning sun, but I really want to cover this long bank with hydrangeas.

Thank you for ANY help you may be able to give me.

Comments (3)