Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jxa44

anyone growing hydrangea 'incredible'?

jxa44
14 years ago

i have been lusting after this hydrangea all season, but i know how some of the catalogs can stretch the truth, so i wanted to hear from someone who's growing or has grown this hydrangea. did you like it? what was the growth like? were the blooms as awesome as the catalogs say?

me

Comments (9)

• ostrich
    14 years ago

Did you mean "Incredi-ball"?

• ego45
    14 years ago

I wish that in a couple of years after it will hit mass market it will not be renamed to 'Non-credible'.

• jxa44
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes, this is the hydrangea i was referring to:

Here is a link that might be useful: hydrangea Incrediball

• ostrich
    14 years ago

LOL George... are you still bitter from the Endless Summer fiasco!? ROTFLOL!!!

jxa44, I still have not seen it in my local nurseries. Usually, they get stuff pretty early on (apparently Cleveland is quite a test market for products, and we also have a large number of nurseries here) but not this time.

I believe that many who stated that they got it already bought it online, and it's a very small plant only.

• orchidacea
    14 years ago

I have a couple of these plants from soonerplantfarm...when I got them in April, they were a single twig (about 5 inches tall) with two leaves...I thought, gee, that will take forever...but I was wrong...this plant is very much like Annabelle, very fast growing once it get going...my baby plants are now the typical size of the endless summer you get in a 2 gallon pot - about 18 inches high, 12 inches wide, with 10-15 pairs of very large leaves..the tender twig has now woodened and very woody, and sturdy...the leaves are large..some of the plants have developed flower buds, the buds look large than considering the age of the plants...as I always do with 1st yr plants, I pinched the flower buds off and the plants are growing and branching quickly..I think this plant will be pretty large in maturity..and considering they came from single twigs and able to develop flower buds this quickly, likely a strong bloomer as well...the twig hardens significantly...I gave the plants some vertical support with stakes back in May, early June, when they started to put out more leaves and we had a couple of violent thunderstorms...now, staking is probably not needed...the plants takes whole morning sun (8 am to 12 pm) then filtered shade till 4-5 pm, then the sunset sun again till sundown...no wilting of leaves..so things are moving along quickly with this plant...someone said they get the finished size plants (2-3 gallon pots) in some markets, I am not seeing those here in Jersey..every commercial grower I checked have said this plant is in short supply and have lots of inquiries..these growers suggest there maybe some better sized plants be on the mkt later this season (maybe all the single twigs are now fully grown..hehe), and most definitely in 2010 season..

• jxa44
    Original Author
    14 years ago

that's everybody -- especially you orchidacea.

j.

• sdpasono_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I ordered incrediballs from from online source called "Brighter Blooms". Very poor at customer service and never received what I ordered. So now I'm back to square 1 six weeks into the growing season.

• luis_pr
    12 years ago

I accidentally saw Incrediball at two small local nurseries. Large specimens about 1 foot high or more; $18 for 1g. The blooms seem larger than my Annabelle but it is hard to tell if the stems are stronger or as strong since they are protected and problems due to rain are rare for both.

• vbnet
    12 years ago

I didn't buy it, but Meijer in Rolling Meadows, IL had proven winners Incredi ball in May. I also saw it at Knuppers and Lurveys (Palatine and DesPlaines). I don't have any more room =(

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting