Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just got Incrediballs--have a ?

Posted by veryzer 5a IL (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 31, 09 at 16:35

I just got a couple 2 gal. from Sooner yesterday and planted them promptly. Of course the leaves were drooping out of the box....still drooping today which I doubt is strange at all. How frequently should I water them? They have morning sun and we're looking at temps. in the upper 70s-lower 80s in the short term.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just got Incrediballs--have a ?

if you give the plant a good drink already, do NOT give it another one until the soil is slightly dry out on the top...I have no idea how extensive the root system is with these 2 gal plants...the 1 gal size ones I got from sooner in April were pretty puny and some folks took the plants out of the pot and plant them into the ground...the leaves droop, so they water more...and whamm, the plants died from root rot...give your plants some time to recover...avoid direct hot afternoon sun at all cost..if the plant losses some leaves, so be it...better that than overwater the darn thing and kill it...I recall sooner ship these things thru ground, they operates out of Okie...it can get pretty hot during the transport...so there is a chance the plant didn't survive the shippment..if your plant really looking sick and dying, you should take pictures and give sooner a call..they are fairly good with replacements...good luck.

o
RE: Just got Incrediballs--have a ?

Thanks for the tip....I was considering watering them again. I think they're still in decent shape--no yellowing and the stems are still upright. I already contacted sooner, but I'll take your advice and get a couple pics.

The root system seems pretty decent to the eyes of a newbie.

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here