Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strawberry sundae blooms as of today!

Posted by starlight99 5 (Canada) (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 16:59

I finally found and bought my first Strawberry Sundae! How are yours doing? I would love to see your photos.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strawberry sundae blooms as of today!

Very pretty. Keep posting pictures as it turns colors. I am interested in that hydrangea

o

Yes, the photo is very nice and I'm also considering adding this hydrangea.

o

Wow, very pretty. I'm jealous. I can't seem to find one locally here :(

o

Here is a photo of the SS blooms....tinted pink....it looks less pink than my VS....perhaps because it is newly planted?

o

Very pretty. It may turn more pink.
I am considering Sweet Summer that I saw at Menards. Anyone have that hydrangea?

o

thanks for posting the pics,they are beatiful. I noticed the flower clusters are,t as dense as the the ones I have seen in the nursery. Do they loosen up as they age?

o

These are the old blooms and they are faded and dying so they are not as dense. Eversince being planted in the ground the blooms have started to grow longer so the blooms looks like there is another new bloom grown on top of the faded old bloom. I think the plant was neglected at the nursery and the blooms did not get a chance to grow big and dense as they should. When I brought it home most of the leaves were brown around the edges and since then they have recovered and new leaves are growing out where the brown leaves have fallen off. This was the only nursery that has the only one Strwbery Sundae so I had no choice but to pick it up. Now it even has a few new blooms. I will post new pictures as the new green blooms grow a little bigger.

o

Can't wait to see the pictures

o

Here is a photo taken this morning with a new cluster of flowers growing on top of an old one.

o

Very nice. I may have to put that on my list. I think Wayside has it to order but it would be a small plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here