Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydrangea ID - White small blooms - Zone 6

Posted by jrdpa 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 31, 10 at 17:13

I bought two hydrangea plants earlier this year, but don't know what kind they are. I am in Pittsburgh, PA. They were a bit frost damaged when I got them, so I got them discounted. They are white with smaller blooms than I am used to seeing on a hydrangea (I'm not that familiar with them). I want to say they are something like Lacecap, but can't remember.

Also, if you can tell what kind they are, I would like to know if they are the type you cut back or how to care for them so they bloom again next year. Old or new wood or that type of thing. These are the first hydrangeas I have ever had.

Click the photo for a larger view.
I'm embarrassed by all the weeds, but as I'm starting a new business my flowerbeds have suffered.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydrangea ID - White small blooms - Zone 6

Looks like Annabelle to me too...

o
RE: Hydrangea ID - White small blooms - Zone 6

The photo enlarges for me. It opens in a new window so maybe a popup blocker is stopping it for you.

Hmm...I can't think if Annabelle rings a bell for me or not right now. My brain's a bit slow today.

o
Photo RE: Hydrangea ID - White small blooms - Zone 6

Direct link to photo
http://s546.photobucket.com/albums/hh415/Jrdpa/Garden Web/?action=view¤t=CIMG0131.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here