Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little Limelight and Limelight color?

Posted by Brooks23 6 KY (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 17:51

I have Little Limelight hydrangea and it gets sun until 3:30 and the color of the bloom is light green.
My Limelight get sun from noon until sunset and the blooms are more white.
Is the difference in the color the light or is it the difference in plants? Does Little Lime light have more of a green color to the bloom than Limelight?
Thanks for your help. Brooks23

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little Limelight and Limelight color?

The more sun exposure you give to immature blooms, the faster they will turn white. If you want to extend the life of the greens, provide more shade. My LL blooms are still greens in bright shade; they first opened in mid June. LL originated from Limelight so you would expect the bloom colors to be, eh, about the same, adjusted if one bloomed earlier than the other.

o

It's true that sun will cause the green to fade sooner but Little Lime IS greener than limelight. I have them side by side, both in shade and sun and the little lime start out much greener. Much. I love the green.

o

What size are your Little Limes? I have a very young one and not sure where to put it...

o

Mine is about 2' tall. It still has green blooms. I placed it on the north side of the house and gets bright shade all day in the summer.

o

Little Lime is supposed to get up to 5' tall.

o

Thanks for the help on the color of Little Lime and Lime Light.

I think I might get another Lime Light and try to dry some blooms and then maybe dye them. I have read where you can do that but I have never tried.
Best to all my gardening friends.
Brooks23

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here