Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mainegard3

Pee Gee Grandiflora Tree/shrub not blooming

mainegard3
12 years ago

I bought the old fashioned pee gee grandiflora tree (about 6 ft) and shrub (about 2 feet) in the spring from a nursery. Both of them have no blooms. The tree gets about 4 hours of sun and the shrub gets full sun. Is it possible they haven't yet bloomed? Are they not yet established and if so, when you I expect blooms. Based on our spring, I don't think frost got them. I did apply scotts crabgrass/fertilizer and the scotts weed control/fertilizer on the lawn which may have come close to the plants. Something about Nitrogen. Should I use another type of fertilizer. I do leave me cut grass on the lawn. I went to Lowes and for more than 1/2 the price they had the same pee gee tree with blooms which disappointed me. I guess I am supporting the local nursery. How would this lowes tree differ than the nursery one? Any thoughts would be great. Maybe I just need to be patient. Ironically, my limelight tree I bought last year with blooms is blooming again this year so not sure about the fertilizer deal.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm