Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shooting Star

Posted by msalcido 7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 18:54

I found this great Shooting Star at my local grocery store. I almost didn't buy it because of all the trouble I've had with my last store bought, however I couldn't resist. I transplanted to a bigger pot and will keep it inside until the fall. Will it be OK to transplant in the fall or should I keep in the pot until Spring?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shooting Star

While you CAN plant it now, it would require frequent visits -almost daily- to the planting site to make sure that it is doing ok. Better to keep it in the pot, in a shaded location near a door to the outside, until temperatures moderate. This minimizes the amount of time that it takes to check it out and water it. PS - Temperatrues going down to the upper 90s does not count as "moderating". Hee hee hee.

o
RE: Shooting Star

• Posted by msalcido 7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 9:49

Thanks Luis! I do have it sitting next to a window sill where it gets late afternoon sun. Is the reason for keeping it by the door so it can get some of the heat when the door opens?
After temps "moderate" - you think I can plant it then?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here