Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Endless summer leggy

Posted by firstyeargardener (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 19:11

I bought 3 endless summer hydrangeas in 5 gallon pots this spring. Two are doing really well, they are full with lots of blooms. One is not doing so well. It doesn't seem to have any growth in the middle and looks leggy? Should I return it to the nursery? or give it another season to establish. The plant looks like it's split down the middle with nothing growing in the centre.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Endless summer leggy

I would swap it for a better one if that is ok with the nursery. Eventually it will fill out but, if a better specimen is available, why wait? Return it and get a better one.

o
RE: Endless summer leggy

Thanks. I think I will bring it back as they do have a return policy. Even with stakes, the sides are flopping to the ground and the centre has dead stalks with no growth. Does not look good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here