Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hydrangea bed

Posted by Layddi none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 20:52

I just had a lot of new landscaping done and am new to the limelight and pinky winkys. Would you think that three limelights would look better in a bed together or have a limelight in the middle with pinky winkys on each side. I am going crazy trying to decide. Does anyone keep pinky winkies or limelights pruned down so that they remain at around 3-4 feet tall and wide???? Any input would be much appreciated....THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hydrangea bed

The cool thing about hydrangeas is that they all seem to look good together, regardless of the combination. However, on a strictly personal level, I'd probably go for 3 limelight--although if you like more colorful gardens, go for the other choice. It's all a matter of individual taste, I think.

What you might look into is one called "Little Lime" (I think I have that right). If I am understanding the descrptions I've seen, it is like Limelight, but shorter--I believe in the 3-4 ft. range. That would save you a lot of pruning time, and with too much pruning, you might be taking some buds also. I'd tend to avoid that. I don't know about Limelight, but Pinky Winky gets something like 6-8 (or more?) feet tall, doesn't it? That would be a heck of a job trying to keep it in the 3.5 ft tall range.

I think Little Lime is definitely what you want.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here