Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leuchtfeuer hydrangea

Posted by gumneck 7A (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 21:19

I picked this pot up from Lowes today. The tag says Leuchtfeuer but it looks like two different plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leuchtfeuer hydrangea

How curious. I looked and found it is supposed to be a mophead so I agree that it is two plants. And for the price of one, it is quite a deal!

o

Thanks Luis. There seems to be two stems in the pot but that was the case with the other pots at Lowes that didnt have two different looking plants. I know I shouldn't be buying plants in the heat of summer (other than clearance). I will probably pot it up and put it someplace where I see it everyday so I don't forget to water it.

o

It is probably a good thing that you separated the two plants now. If you let them keep growing together then the roots can mix and twine and it would be a mess trying to separate.

I know what you mean about not buying plants in the heat of the summer. I rarely do it but for some reason, I bought one that has been suffering in the 100-degree weather. I should have left it in the pot instead of planting it. Now I have to go ck it often and it is not where I can easily spot check it.

o

Yes I have seen that at Lowes also, 2 different plants a Mop and a Lacecap. Bought one for the church yard for that very reason-2 for one!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here