Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydrangeas eaten.

Posted by MFIX Buff-NY z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 22:48

Just planted an endless summer, rebloomer, and it was quite happy, until...something ate quite a bit of its very nice, healthy leaves. We have a rabbit that likes to hang around our house in particular, probably because we dont have the standard (and mostly rabbit proof) subdivision-mass-shrub plantings--we believe Bert the Bunny is the culprit ( I know, we shouldnt have named him). We also believe that he is solely responsible for killing an azalea last winter. I have plantskydd which I am now going to spray on the hydrangea, and in the surrounding mulch, and probably on some of the grass outside this raised bed. Just wanted to know if anyone thinks that this is a bad idea, or worth a try. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydrangeas eaten.

I used Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent with good results but I had to reapply it on the leaves (only) after it rained. Note: I have not tried the new granular version.

o

Hey Luis.. any luck with keeping the sprayers from plugging up? I've used the 12oz bottle and the big jug and after a while they seen to plug up with chunks from the liquid and don't work anymore. Its right in the nozzle and not the line, and they aren't disassemblable to clean. After that I need to find new sprayers and use them until they plug up. Its worth that to save plants but frustrating.

o

Hi Everybody,

My hydrangea leaves are being eaten by something. Not slugs, something else. Any ideas, please?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here