Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quick Fire Hydrangea Not Blooming

Posted by shorelinebabs Zone 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 0:59

I planted a Quick Fire hydrangea in dappled sunlight in April, and it did not bloom this summer. Does anyone know if it needs more sun? It is shaded by a pear tree, and also by the house. It is getting dappled light, but it is not getting any direct sun.

If anyone knows about QF hydrandeas and can tell me if I need to move this plant, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quick Fire Hydrangea Not Blooming

Quick Fire hydrangeas require more sunlight than it is getting to flower. I had the same experience and moved it into a spot with more sun and the next season was rewarded with lots of blooms.

Ian

o
RE: Quick Fire Hydrangea Not Blooming

Thanks, this is really helpful. I will have to transplant it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here