Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colorlady_gw

how do i deal with hydrangeas that are too big

colorlady
12 years ago

I'm new to this particular forum but I'm prayin you can either advise me or point me to where I can find some good advice. I bought a small cape with hydrangeas all in front of the house near the bldg. and then there is a stone path in front of them and then another bed of hydrangeas also going the length of the front of the house. I was thrilled to have them 4 yrs ago but they have doubled in size. They get so big you can barely walk down the 4' wide path that is between the rows. I have cut them back mercilessly but they just keep coming back bigger. I think most of them are Endless Summer but there are a coupld of smaller leaved, smaller petalled orchid colored ones too. They all run into each other on each side. I really want to dramatically reduce the size and amount of these shrubs. What can I do? I've ready that cutting them back won't help. That they just come back as big or bigger than the year before and that's been my experience. I don't feed and I barely ever water. Help. I'll post pictures if that would be helpful.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES