Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydrangea Tree Question plus one

Posted by oceanbaby (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 15:21

Love flowers but not a true gardener. Thinking I would like a hyrangea tree - does it come in any other color except white?

Also just looking out the window at my 4 year old hydrangea which is past its prime but notice that all the flowers seem to be at the bottom of the plant while the top is a beautiful green - but no flowers. It gets lots of sun - we live in New Jersey. Any ieas?? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydrangea Tree Question plus one

• Posted by ditas z4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 19:27

I'd like to take a stab at the +1?

DK what Hydrangea your 4y/o is but I have a couple that produced as usual but as the season proceeded tons of canes shot up & practically left all the blossomed ones in the dust ... so to speak. A good sign of growth & maturing efforts, I think. Both of my specimens are Lacecaps (H serratas).

I have a Kyushu tree form -white & turns to a hint of pink in the Fall & finally the famous *dirty-socks-look!* Find a Quick Fire in tree form, she'll perhaps fill the bill! Knowing your Zone might help w/ other cultivar.

Good luck! ;)

'Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here