Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watering Hydrangea

Posted by luvplants_2008 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 16:29

I live in North Washington State which is rain a lot during winter season, i plant my new hydrangea (endless summer) a little bit under the roof and it doesn't get any water when its rain....my question is.. do i have to water my hydrangea during the winter season since the rain doesn't reach it?

Luvplants <<<<< New Gardener :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watering Hydrangea

Maybe. When plants are dormant during winter, they do not need to be watered if the soil freezes. But if your winter is more temperate, you may want to water if your winter is dry. One nice deep watering every other week should suffice. People who have sandy soil should water about 30-50% more than those with normal or clayish soil.

o
RE: Watering Hydrangea

Thank you luis, i knew you would give me some advice. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here