Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diseased Hydrangeas

Posted by shannan_oh OH (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 18:08

My hydrangeas and other shrubs have got something that has turned their leaves brown and it looks like they are dying. We have had a hot summer preceded by a ton of rain so I'm assuming it is a fungal disease. I have sprayed several times but it still looks bad. My question is should I just leave them be until next spring when I'll start over or will it kill them and what should I put on them because what I've been using doesn't seem to be helping. I've used a copper powder.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diseased Hydrangeas

My first guess with hydrangeas--when leaves turn brown--is that they are suffering from lack of water. They are real water hogs, especially in hot weather. I say water them really deeply and water them regularly for the next month or so, and then wait and see how they do next spring.

Roses can suffer from fungal diseases very easily, but I don't find those kinds of problems usually with my other shrubs. Seriously, it is usually a water issue.

Good luck.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here