Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Needed - Pics

Posted by msalcido 7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 20:44

I got this hydrangea from ebay. The seller never sent me notification on when it would arrive. So needless to say, it sat in the 105 degree heat all day yesterday. I immediately potted it and watered it. I thinking it would be OK left it out in the yard today (temps over 100 again) but in a very shaded area and now it looks like this. I have since brought it in the house but am not sure it will make it. Any suggestions on how to help it revive?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As always any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Needed - Pics

I'd keep it moist (not too wet) and in the shade until it recovers....hope for the best.

Ian

o

Sorry, Mike,

My worst fears have been realized!! All you can hope to do is keep it moist and cool, inside for a while would be my advise, but if it doesn't become turgid again, I'm afraid it might be a gonner! Too bad, it looked like a good little seedling.......what I definitly would do is mist the leave from a mister regularly....keeping the leaves wet may help it regain its turgidity (is that a word)I mean treat it like it's in intensive care! Put it in the coolest room in your house...a window with no sun.... mist the leaves and it if doesn't come back,well.............sad lesson learned.......Wasn't there anything written on the outside of the package saying Do Not Cook?? When I receive bulbs in the mail from eBay, they say in bold writing, keep away from extreme temperatures etc. How did the roots look, were they still white? You should know in a few days, and it you're lucky enough for it to revive, I'd still keep it in the house for several day, and continue with the misting.

Donna

o
RE: Help Needed - Pics,

I just had another thought....why not put your pot inside a fish tank, mist the plant and the sides of the tank and cover the tank with a piece of Plexiglas or something translucent. This will put them back in 100% humidity and they should respond, if the roots haven't been damaged. You can then leave them outside under the shady hydrangea where they are now. You should know very soon if it works..... you might want to give it a try............

Donna

o

• Posted by msalcido 7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 17:55

thanks Ian and Donna.

Donna- yeah I was afraid this would be the case. Kinda puts me off to ordering again. I sent the seller an email and he hasn't even responded. Needless to say, not going to receive positive feedback.
I started misting per your suggestion, hopefully that will help. I'm afraid to put it in the tank, as the temps are over 100. I'm going to try the misting and hope for the best.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Mike

o

Hi Mike, I'm just curious, how did you make out with your Ebay Masja, did it ever recover? I hope so...........Donna

o

Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 2:11

Hi Donna,
Didn't survive. They both died. I contacted the seller and he was completely rude. Ebay ended up refunding my money.

I did purchase a new one from Home Depot. Not sure what it is but it was on sale. 5 gallon from $19.98 to $9.98

I'm excited to find out what it is, next year when it blooms.

How are the cuttings coming along?

o

SORRY!!

o

Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 21:17

Thanks Donna - live and learn I guess.

Hey so how are the cuttings in the plastic coffee cup coming along? I'm trying one in Mayo jug. LOL. Here is a photo.

Just wondering how yours is doing?

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here