Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

hydrandea' Grandad'

Hi Everyone,

Last week we went to Heritage Museums and Gardens on Cape Cod and they have a lovely hydrangea display garden with all the plants labeled. Cape Cod has very acidic soil so most all of their hydrangeas are some shade of blue with a very few purple/mauve. They also have just started a pink garden but it appears they have a little more liming to do to get them actually pink, most are still mauve to purple. Anyway, on the edge of one of the lanes in the blue garden was this beautiful shell pink lace-cap with very large flowers. Definitely shell pink, not white and it had the label 'Grandad'. So when I got home I googled 'Grandad' and it appears to be a new variety that was found in New Zealand but the pictures on the Internet all show a mop-head which is beautifully round and definitly white..not a lace-cap. I'm wondering if any of you recognize this flower as I don't really think it was labeled correctly as 'Grandad'.

Thanks, Donna

Comment (1)

• luis_pr
    12 years ago

You could try calling or emailing Heritage Museums and Gardens to see if they can help. It would be nice if they could flat out answer the question. Alternatively, it would be nice if they could provide you with a list of all their hydrangeas so you can research it.

Heritage Museums & Gardens
    67 Grove Street
    Sandwich, MA 02563

Phone: 508.888.3300
    Email: info@heritagemuseums.org

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!