Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindakay81

Endless Summer Hydrangea not doing well

LindaKay81
11 years ago

I'm fairly new to gardening :) I've tried to figure out what the problem is and all of the information is just getting jumbled in my head :) I planted 4 Endless Summer Hydrangeas in the flower beds in front of my house which faces North. It does get about 1 - 2 hours of morning sun and smidge of sun in the afternoon (which I have read is good for this plant). These flower beds have what I would expect to be very rich dirt in them (it originally came from the area where cattle feed on hay - may or may not have been a good idea - regardless, the dirt was in the beds for about a year before any plantings). I planted the Hydrangeas, they looked great, everything was fine, then they sort of stopped blooming so I assumed I was watering too much because I had also noticed some black on some leaves and the leaves were really big and plentiful. I cut back on the watering and they seemed to start looking a little better. Note - We have had a SERIOUSLY dry and very hot summer. I would water when they looked droopy... They have mulch, I've fertilized twice... All of the sudden they look AWFUL. Leaves have dropped, they look spindly and like they are about to kick the bucket... I'm depressed and don't know what to do to save them :(

Help me :) :)

Comments (6)