Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's eating my Hydrangea? Pics included

Posted by laurie_2008 Southern California (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 22:11

Is there some insect eating my Hydrangea?

I just planted this young plant in the early Spring. What should we be spraying on this and should we spray underneath the leaves as well as on top? Any other suggestions?

Hydrangea 8-5-2011

Hydrangea 8-5-2011

Hydrangea

Hydrangea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's eating my Hydrangea? Pics included

Probably snails/slugs,just get some sluggo and throw it down around the plant.I also used crushed egg shells,especially for the slugs,hate those things worse than snails.Anyway the shells cut the slugs body and kills them.
JMO
Kathi

o

Kathi - Thank you! I'll try the Sluggo. I never knew about using crushed eggshells. I'm making an egg casserole this week, so I'll have plenty of shells to use : )

o

Some of these pests are visible at night only so spot check at different times of the evening. Also, look under rocks where they like to hide. Consider adding some mulch, about 3-4", too to minimize moisture loss and prevent leaves from browning out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here