Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone ID this beauty for me? (pics)

Posted by DandyLioness 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 22:18

Hello all,

I bought this the other day but it is simply marked Hydrangea Macrophylla. I thought maybe one of you knowledgeable folks could identify it. Thanks!

Hydrangea

Hydrangea2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone ID this beauty for me? (pics)

The only one I know looks like this is 'Forever and Ever Double Pink'.......but very unusual it would be sold without a proper name tag as it is a patented variety.

o

Looks like 'Doublicious' or similar variety. The blooms look like F&E's 'Together' but the flowers are much larger.

o

Since it is obviously a greenhouse grown hydrangea, not sure the flower size has much bearing :-) Too much manipulation going on there. Could just as well be Doublicious but again a patented plant so shouldn't be sold without proper attribution.

o

Then again, if the grower has purchased the rights, they can wholesell it in any format they wish. Doublicious for example, is trademarked only, not patented, so the format there would be very loose.

Check for a grower ID on the UPC or see if there is one on the pot under the foil. Contacting them directly might give further clues about which variety you have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here