Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangeasnohio

Forever & Ever Hydrangea Pics From This Year

hydrangeasnohio
14 years ago

Here are pictures of my two Forver & Ever Hydrangeas planted in Sept. 2008. The pictures were took in the begining of this month August.

Comments (9)

• madeyna
    14 years ago

What forever and ever are they? I just bought forever and ever sensation tonight and cann,t wait to see a pic of it in bloom. The one I bought has buds but no mature flowers yet. This spring I bought forever and ever together, its been a real slow grower but the flowers on it when I bought it were huge. I have been debudding it all summer to try to encourage growth.

• luis_pr
    14 years ago

The original one was just called Forever and Ever. Then somebody had an idea and the F&E Series Naming Conventions were born: F&E Hydrangea, F&E Hydrangea Red, F&E Hydrangea Double Pink, F&E White Out or another, F&E Peppermint and F&E Together.

Here is a link that might be useful: F&E Series Website

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    14 years ago

These pictures are of the original FE's. I bought two Togther's this year also. It is one of my favorites. I have a couple great pictures of them I will be posting soon. One has a great purple color to the blooms. I think they might actually turn out to be my favorite. They are packed with flowers, but are small. The Togther will only get 2' by 2'. I also bought a Red Sensation this year and it is just getting ready to bloom. I think it just was a little of because of the greenhouse it came from probably.

• luis_pr
    14 years ago

Wow, how many hydrangeas have you bought in the last year then? Ka chink! Would be nice to divert some of the money from the Klunkers Car Program into a few hydrangeas! Hee hee hee! Just joking.

• madeyna
    14 years ago

You don,t happen to have the forever and ever double pink do you? Our lowes just got a big shipment of them in but they are only in bud and I would like to see the whole plant in bloom. My forever and ever together is a very slow grower but has been putting on buds like crasy all summer I have been pinching them off in favor of green growth but I am going to leave these last two.

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello, I do have one Double Pink, but it was the only one that has not bloomed this year. I might have a picture of it last year, but I think it only had two flowers. It was planted last summer and came from the discount bin. Although it has more than tripled in size.

• macgyver2009
    14 years ago

What sun exposure are your F&E's planted in? I have F&E, Peppermint and Together that I planted last summer and mine look nothing like yours. I only got 2 blooms off of my F&E and none off of the other 2. Peppermint formed buds, but the flowers never had any petals after they opened. It looked very strange. My plants are also much smaller. They are in full sun until 2:00 p.m. and I am wondering if I need to move them to more shade. Like yours, mine died to the ground this winter. I have a Let's Dance planted in the same sun exposure and it has been wonderful. It was loaded with flowers most of the summer and is 3 times the size of my F&E's. Your pictures look great. Thanks for sharing.

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What zone are you in? I am in zone 5b. Most of my rebloomers dies to the ground also. Most of mine are in sun about the same as yours 2pm or longer.

• macgyver2009
    14 years ago

I am in PA on the border of 5B and 6a. Last year we definitely had a zone 5 winter. Thanks for the information. I'll try to be patient with them for at least one more season.