Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clipping of a pee gee tree & limelight

Posted by meadowgarden zone 6 NY Longislan (meadowmarino@optonline.net) on
Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 11:41

IS there anyone willing to give me a clipping off their pee gee tree and or limelight. I bought a pee gee tree & limelight off the internet and unfortually when they grew it turned out to be another plants.. I contact the company and they will not return calls... So since I spent a fortune on these plants I was wondering if anyone would have a clipping... Thanks in Advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clipping of a pee gee tree & limelight

The PeeGee in particular is a pretty common plant so perhaps you could look for one growing nearby and ask the owners if you could take cuttings? Keep in mind that not all cuttings take (generally it is less than a 30% success rate for most plants), so multiple cuttings would be in order. And it is also important to know that a PeeGee tree is simply trained that way and doesn't grow that way naturally - this is typically why they are quite expensive when buying online or even in a garden center. It takes a good number of years to train them into a tree form size that is big enough to sell.

I'm sorry you were "taken" by your internet experience:-( In the future, you might want to check with the Garden Watchdog to make sure mail order or online vendors are reputable and have good follow-through before ordering.

o
RE: clipping of a pee gee tree & limelight

If you paid for these purchases through paypal, you have recourse through them. You can begin a case against this seller. Log in to your paypal account and underneath the menu at the top - my account send money request money - there is a link entitled resolution center. Explain your problem in detail making note of email contact with the seller to try to resolve the problem. Paypal takes care of contacting the seller and gets their side of the story and typically makes a determination within a couple of weeks. Good luck.
Jacquiez

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here