Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which need more sun incrediball or endless summer

Posted by Joopster 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 16:49

I'm in zone 5 (Chicago to be exact). I planted several hydrangeas around my pine trees that doesn't get much sun, but some. i alternate between incrediball and endless summer. Then I realized that 3 feet apart ain't enough. I'm debating between which one should I pull out place then in the front of the house where it get sunlight for most of the day except from 1-3pm when the sun go behind a big tree. Should I move the incrediball or the endless summer? Which one prefer (or tolerate) more sun?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which need more sun incrediball or endless summer

I would think paniculatas and oakleafs would tolerate the most sun, then arborescens (Incrediball) and the macs (ES) about the same.... maybe with the macs being a little more sensitive than the arborescens. Pros: your sun is not as strong as mine is in the summer. Cons: by nature, all hydrangeas do best if they get afternoon shade. I am not much of a fan of Incrediball so, if ES has not given you blooming issues, I would personally prefer to see ES's blooms in front of the house.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 23:51

o

Thanks. I'll take the incrediball out and place it in the front and leave ES under the pine trees.

o

Incrediballs do better in more sun then Endless Summers. I have some of both that are in sun until 1 or 2:00 and the Incrediballs don't wilt like the Endless Summers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here