Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

Pink Diamond problem.....!

ostrich
14 years ago

I must be the ONLY person here who is having problems with Pink Diamond! I would very much value your advice.

My poor PD was planted over a year ago in a partly sunny location where a tree stump was, on the edge of a small cliff (of my ravine). I had that ground and so the area was full of that ground stuff. Also, it's surrounded by some other trees too so maybe that's why... despite my effort to amend the soil, by adding peat moss and garden soil, something is sucking up the water fast there. So poor PD is wilting intermittently, and I have to supplement it with some deep watering quite often during dry weather (like once or twice a week). As a result, its growth has been quite stunted. To add more insult to the injury, those darn Bambi also gave it an early spring "pruning" too...!!!!!!! Sigh...

Is it just that the location has too much competition for water, or is it that the ground up wood is causing a problem, or is it anything else that is causing this insatiable appetite for water, hence intermittent wilting?

Is there anything else that I can do to amend the soil? Or am I better off moving that poor PD? If you advice that I should move it, please tell me what I should plant there instead!!! :-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (4)