Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Endless Summer a flopper?

Posted by madeyna (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 12, 09 at 22:56

My three year old endless summer has more limbs on the ground than standing up is this normal for this age plant? The other endless summer is younger and has support but I thought the bigger one wouldn,t need it this year. It looks like someone laid down on it. I have dogs so I,m not so sure some one didn,t do just that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Endless Summer a flopper?

No, not normally. Annabelle has weak stems and it suffers from this problem when it has big blooms and it rains enough that the added weight makes them tumble. But ES should have stronger stems. Most likely it was the pooches.

I just had another plant flattened like yours 2/3 days ago too. The plant, not a hydrangea, was besides an iron structure that I use for climbing vines. I speculate that my dogs saw some vermin that ran/jumped into the structure and they stomped on top of the plant trying to get "it". Sigh... these baby girls of mine....

o
RE: Is Endless Summer a flopper?

Thanks that makes me feel better about the plant. I was already trying to figure how to cage it up without it looking stupid for next year. I guess I,ll just have to figure out how to keep the animals out of it instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here