Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emaziarz_gw

Best hydrangea for me?

emaziarz
12 years ago

Hello,

My wife and I have always loved front porches bordered by hydrangeas. Our new home has a large front porch and we'd like to landscape the front with hydrangeas in the spring. We're looking for advice on which hydrangea species is best suited for our location.

We really think that the white blooms of Hydrangea arborescens Annabelle or Hydrangea arborescens Incrediball would look best in front of our house, but photos and descriptions of these plants have us worried they are too small and low to the ground. Our front porch is pretty high off the ground, so a taller plant would look best.

That brings us to the "Endless Summer" hydrangea we have read so much about. Although we would prefer white blooms, these blue/pink endless summer plants seem to be a better size and better suited for the front of our house.

We live in CT, Zone 5A, and the front of our house is North facing (full sun only in early morning and evening). Can anyone recommend a good hydrangea for us? We have also read about the Lime Light hydrangea which seems like it might be a good option for us (although not true white, it's taller than the aborescens.

Here is a link to view a photo of the front of our house:

http://www.erikmaziarz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/21.png

Thank you in advance,

Erik

Comments (3)