Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Niko blue in partial sun

Posted by sammy OK/7A (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 5, 08 at 14:09

I need to move my hydrangeas again. I have many of them, and have moved them for years. They are truly beautiful, buuuuuut. I am running out of shade.

I would like to put them on the east side of the house in the small plot of land that divides our driveway and our neighbor's. They would receive morning sun, then just light for the rest of the day.

Do you think this would be a mistake? I have some lacecap hydrangeas in the small plot of land between the garage and the front door. They face the east, but by being against the wall, I think they may have less sun.

I live in zone 7A, and don't need to worry about freezes or other problems. I just don't know where to put them.

Also, I never divide hydranges, but they create their own plants. You can plant 3, and pull out 6 or 7 when you move them.

Sammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Niko blue in partial sun

Good morning, Sammy. You said that "They would receive morning sun, then just light for the rest of the day."

Do you mean that they would receive indirect light "for the rest of the day"? If so, that would be fine. That is what I have to do here because they get sunscald if allowed to get direct sun after 11am-12pm during the summer time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here