Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vanilla Strawberry did not bloom

Posted by mayax68 CT (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 10 at 15:51

HI,
I bought Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea from Jung Catalog this year. I bought 4 plants. 3 were gifts and 1 was for me. Out of all the plants 1 bloomed and it is gorgeous, 1 did not take well and is still struggling, but 2 others took well and grew nicely. My plant and the other one that did well more then double in height and width, but did not bloom. Should I be worried? Do you think there is something wrong with the plants or is it to be expected?

Thank you.
Maya.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vanilla Strawberry did not bloom

I think there is nothing wrong that another year of maturity won't cure. My VS from Jung did surprise me with 5 blooms, but they didn't turn pink at all--just stayed white. I'm assuming they will get down to business next year.

You do have your VS in the sun, don't you?

Remember that while hydrangea don't like to be saturated, they do like very regular watering.

Kate

o
RE: Vanilla Strawberry did not bloom

I agree with Dublinbay - wait until the plant has some maturity before you judge it. Shrubs are not annuals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here