Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (7)

• luis_pr
    11 years ago

Well, this may be the moon for me but the pop up ads are just driving me nuts. A search engine that delivers the results sorted by date (from recent first) would also be welcome. The ability to edit replies would also be nice.

• nolefan_2006
    11 years ago

It looks like you're already addressing it, but I usually leave the gardenweb website and go to Google to search for gardenweb topics. I have much better luck with Google than the site's search engine.

The ability to add more than one pic at a time would also be helpful. Also, even after editing my postings I still find typos after I submit the final post. I'd love to be able to go back and correct those typos.

Thanks,
    Brad

• October_Gardens
    11 years ago

Users with problems with pop-ups, get Google Chrome for your browser and add the free "Ad-Block" extension from their store area. It blocks absolutely everything, even the opening ads in some YouTube videos. And there is nothing even the most sophisticated sites can do about it, let alone this one...

GW please keep this site as simple as possible; too many bells and whistles are not necessary.

• luis_pr
    11 years ago

Since GW has branched to include computer assistance forums, home forums and bird watching forums, how about a dog/cat/bird forums by breed or a single general forum to discuss issues.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

• casagrande
    9 years ago

please tell me how to upload more than one picture to the same post...

• October_Gardens
    9 years ago

You can't. You need to use an external photo host like photobucket and upload there, and then copy the HTML code and paste it into your post text. Most of these services have a [COPY HTML] button at the right, and once you hit that, use CTRL+V or right-click paste.

You'd hit space a few times, paste the code, and then repeat for additional photos.