Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Feritilzer Hor Hydrangia

Posted by winston1425 z7MD (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 18:05

I live in zone 7. Because of the hot summer here all my Hydrangeas started to droop. So I took them out from the ground and put them in pots in shady areas.

I would like to what is the best food for them to bloom

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Feritilzer Hor Hydrangia

Hello, winston1425. Drooping is normal during the summer and new hydrangeas tend to recover on their own by the time the sun goes down. As the years pass, they get used to that and droop less. If the event looks extreme, water them 1 gallon of water immediately. Otherwise test the soil with a finger and water only if the soil feels almost dry or dry.

As far as what fertilizers to use, you can use cottonseed meal, compost or composted manure. If you like to use chemical fertilizer, choos a general-purpose slow-release fertilizer with a NPK Ratio like 10-10-10. Make sure that all the extra watering that they need when potted does not cause the soil to be defficient in phosphate. They also need a few hours of sun. Dappled sun is fine.

Luis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here