Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shooting star hydrangea- pic

Posted by anza2821 9ca (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 16, 08 at 20:54

Hello

Here is a pic of my shooting star hydrangea. I purchased the plant at Albertson's grocery store during Christmas 2007. Now it has been blooming for several weeks in my garden.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shooting star hydrangea- pic

Very nice plant, anza2821. This one is on a wish list already but is hard to find locally and I do not want to order it by mail. Have not seen it at my Albertson's.

When do the flower blooms open in California and how long do they last? Do you end up deadheading them at the end? When does the plant go dormant?

o

Hello Luis pr

I'm in California. My other hydrangeas bloom in late June to September. My shooting star hydrangea started blooming in late August or early Sep.

o

That is a winner, for sure.
How long have you had the plant? I am amazed at the number of bloom that you have on that plant.
I have some as well purchased under the name 'Fuji Waterfall', it is also sold under the real name 'Hanabi'. I got mine at Wilkerson Mills several years ago. It is supposed to bloom twice and for the first time mine has buds this late in the season. It is getting near our possible frost date in North Georgia so I probably won't see the extra bloom this year.
Mary/Gainesville, GA

o

Hello Mary

During the Christmas holidays in 2007, I purchased the shooting star hydrangea at the grocery store because it looked interesting. The hydrangea was in a six inch pot and had three or four blooms. I think it cost $12.99. I remember doing some research and the name "Fuji Waterfall" rings a bell. After the flowers dropped off, the potted plant went into the garden and was repotted in a two gallon plastic pot. The plant rebloomed this fall and has twice as many blooms. I plan to repot it again in a bigger pot when the flowers drop off and will use potting soil for azaleas. My hydrangea appears to be really happy. Here is a pic of the potted plant in Dec 2007.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here