Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting

Posted by msalcido 7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 24, 10 at 21:49

Hello all,
I have 3 hydrangeas in pots and originally they were to be planted in ground; however the spot for them is not ready and won't be until next week. The 3 are newly potted (just arrived today) and since the area is not ready for them, I potted them.

My question is this - next week when the bed is complete and ready would it be OK to transplant or do I need to wait until they have gone dormant?

As always any and all advice is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting

I just transplanted mine and planted a new one and they seem to be doing great. I don't think that you should wait until it is dormant, now would be the time to transplant. Make sure that you water her well.

o
RE: Transplanting

• Posted by msalcido 7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 7:16

Thanks melaroma. I was concerned it would be too stressful on them, with the shipping, then potted in a pot and then being put in the ground.
I should be OK though, the area is still not ready and we have had alot of rain so it looks like it is being pushed back another week. This will give them a few more days in the pot to become stronger. Hopefully next week, I will be able to put in ground.

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here