Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed to pick a Hydrangea variety

Posted by mrao77 TX US zone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 10:41

Hi,

I am posting on behalf of bunti, who is having problems posting on GW. Please see her msg below:
http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=bunti
3) hydrangea pinky winky
Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed to pick a Hydrangea variety

All of those three paniculatas are good choices. Being paniculatas, they will get large so make sure you have space in the planting location for them in her Zone 8. Here are some comments I posted for her in her original post:

All three are nice plants so I know I am not going to help you decide.

I love the look of VS Magenta Blooms but be aware that they turn that nice colored magenta late in the growing season (as opposed to right away) and also be aware that some people have complained that their VSs do not reach that stage. Not sure why but I speculate that their growing season is short and their VS needs more time to turn magenta. Hopefully, that should not be a problem for her since she is in Z8 and the growing season is long.

I also like Limelight but prefer to see a hedge of Limelights. They looks grrrreat!

I also like PW's blooms, especially when part of the bloom is white and the other color is dark pink. When the blooms start white, they are just ok looking but when they turn a white-pink blend, they look REALLY NICE.

Good luck choosing,
Luis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here