Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadoh6

First time growing plants, confused about what stage I'm at

shadoh6
14 years ago

I started some tomatillo and jalapeno plants about two and half months ago. I'd say that they are smaller than they should be (the tomatillos are about 8 inches tall, while the tallest jalapeno is about 6 inches tall) since I don't have the right kind of lights to be growing indoors in the winter, with no temperature control. I started giving them 1/4 strength 10-5-14 GH Maxigro once a week after the first month.

The tomatillos were transplanted into 6in pots about two weeks ago, and I transplanted the jalapenos about a week ago. From then on I've been gradually increasing the strength of the nutrients to about 1/2 strength, and have been watering them every 2-3 days, with a plain water feeding once a week. I've noticed some flowers developing, but they are rather droopy.

As far as light is concerned, I gave them 24 hours of light for the first month, and then switched to 18 hours of light

from then on.

What should I do at this point? Start mixing in some of the 5-15-14 Maxibloom that I have? How far behind are they?

Comments (2)