Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed for weights to PPM calculation

Posted by carb none (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 11:22

Hello,

can someone help me check if my numbers are correct? I'm trying to determine the PPM of each element that certain chemicals will provide from its weight.

Calcium Nitrate - .82g
Potassium Nitrate - .365g
Magnesium Sulfate - .41g
Monopotassium phosphate - .22g
Potassium Sulfate - .012g
Iron Chelate(6%) - .083g
Boric Acid - .00286g
Copper Sulfate - .0004g
Manganese Sulfate - .002g
Zinc Sulfate - .00045g
Sodium Molybdate - .00011g

What's the total PPM that I would get for the above weights?

And if it's not too much too ask, what PPM of each element can I expect from the above weights?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed for weights to PPM calculation

So what is the purity of each element?
And how much water are you diluting them into?
PPM is mg/L

o

• Posted by carb none (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 19:16

let's assume that its 100% purity and I am trying to make 1 Liter of nutrient solution(not stock)

o

Sun, Jan 27, 13 at 21:39

anyone?

o

how about breaking down the composition of each compound for us.
I mean, if you want someone to do the simple math, at least give us the chemical breakdown of each component.
For example, 0.82grams in one liter is 820 ppm of calcium nitrate. so what percentage of cal nite is calcium and what percentage is nitrogen? multiply 820 times each percentage and you'll have the concentration of that molecule from that compound.

o

Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 1:26

Oh, sorry i was thinking that you guys have a calculator for this. I just wanted to double check if my figures are accurate.

o

I use a spread sheet but it is only set up for the components I use. google hydrobuddy or search this forum for danielfp to find a link to what you're after. daniel created the hydrobuddy which is what I believe you are after.

o

Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 10:51

Got it, thanks!

o

Like Grizman, I made a spread sheet for the items I used. Might want to make you up one for what you use (not really that hard).

o

Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 20:07

I see, i was under the impression that most of what i posted were common chemicals used in concocting solutions based on what ive read in books and the web

o

Yes those are common and available chemicals.
I use a hydroponic solution that contains the bulk of the necessary chemicals. Then I add some calcium nitrate and epsom salts to complete what is needed.
The iron and boron are a bit low, but I've never seen any difficulties due to it. I just assume my well water makes up for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here