Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
diseased lettuce?

Posted by harpoon89 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 11:34

This is my first try at a hydroponic system and was wondering if I could get some feedback from others. It appears these plants have a disease but I can't seem to pinpoint the cause.does anyone have any input? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: diseased lettuce?

It doesn't look good. I am thinking bacterial leaf spot. Sometimes disease can come from seeds.

I would probably discard the plants, sterilize everything with peroxide, and start over with different seeds.

o

I agree with the comments from Cole Robbie, it is best to start all over again. I do not know the method you are growing eg Still nutrient system, drip or flood and drain system. please let us know what system you are using.
I have cheated and attached a PH and Ec chart if you dont have one already.It looks as though you are growing under fluoro lights, or LED lighting which I use for seedlings but find the mature plants need more light.
http://www.homehydrosystems.com/ph_tds_ppm/ph_vegetables_page.html

Here is a link that might be useful: PH and EC levels

o

If your nutrient and ph are right I agree with the pull sterilize and start again. Once it's in the system not much other way to get rid of it.

o

Just as a matter of interest Rio Grande, what method are these growing in
1. Still solution ( Kratky method)
2. or recirculating system
The reason I mention this , is if the method is the still solution method, the roots should not be fully immersed in the nutrient solution as this will surely drown the plant , a slow painful death to the plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here