Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frednumber3

Ready To Go

frednumber3
15 years ago

Don't want to be a pain, but just got finished making My dolly for My "mobile" raft system. Got a 25 gallon Rubbermaid tote, 9 oz. plastic cups. Will be planting bib lettuce. using 3/4" Styrofoam and will have 15 cups across 374" sq inches of surface. (22"/17") Air stone ready to oxygenate nutrients.

Questions:

1. Is 3/4" styrofoam enough to keep it afloat or should I double it to 1.5 inches. I'm worries that the cup won't have much left to suck up nutrients from holding res.(If I double it to 1.5 inches I will have 1" of cup in res.

2) Started lettuce in seed starting soil and have it them transplanted to the old nursery plastic six pack containers (they were washed, and rinsed down with some Hydrogen Peroxide), should I rinse the plants off of as much soil off as I can or just leave and surround them with the vermiculite/perlite mixture.

3) Should air pump , with stone, be left on 24/7?

4) Are We , with the Hydroponics, less likely to be attacked by pests and pathogens? I'm in Florida and it's crazy down here. Also, anyone hear from Norm34? He was very helpful and lives in Fl also.

That's it, Really like to Thank Everyone, I got to do this right.

Fred

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists