Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i need help with timers on hydro water cycle

Posted by randy5925 washington (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 11, 07 at 17:50

im new to the whole hydro thing i understand the basic set up just fine what i need to know is how do i set my timer's for the water cycle in veg and flower should i leave the pump on 24/7 while in veg and then hook the pump up to my timers and have them come on and off in cycles during the light (flower)stage? i dont know how to do the watering can some one shed some light on this for me it's the last thing holding me back thanx all Randy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i need help with timers on hydro water cycle

You'll need to elaborate on your setup. By the way, nice name. Good luck, Randy

o

I run my pump when the lights are on (16 hrs/day) in aeroponics, no matter the plant stage.

o

im not worried about what name i use on here no one will ever know my real name any way im putting togeather a drip system 1 gal per hour so when ever the lights are one the pump is on full time even in 24 veg i gather
My next question is can you take a plant that has been in a soil pot and put a burlap sack and wrap it around the root ball with the soil and start it in a new hydro system?? and i took a clone last night and it dosent seem like it's going to make it to me this is what i did tell me what i did wrong please i took the top and soaked some rock whool and diped my cutting in olivias cloning gel and put it in the rock whool and put it under my agrosun flourscent light cloning makes me nurvouse i cut it at a 45 degree cut and put notches in the stock by the cut i made on the clone did i do somthing wrong? i need clones to use my hydro system

o

If you didn't wash the roots thoroughly, you will transfer whatever pathogens were in the dirt to your nutrient solution.

o

thanx Willard3 for your insite i didnt wash them at all i just cut them and diped them in cloning gel and inserted them in rock whool i hope it will pull out of it's stress any way thanx again

o

so are they looking better?

o

from what ive read some plants need high humidity when taking clones.(and i suppose some dont) try misting the cutting itself with water and also try keeping it under a sort of tent(clear plastic) to keep the humidity high.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here